Insuring Rental Homes-People who occupy their own homes mostly understand the importance of having coverage against things like vandalism, fire, theft, floods, earthquakes, and other natural disasters, and even then they sometimes choose not to insure their property against the occurrence of an incident with liability insurance for rental property. However, the moment a property owner decides to lease the property, different liability and safety considerations arise.
A renters insurance policy can help protect your personal property from fire damage, theft, and vandalism while also providing liability protection for your visitors and guests. Given electronics, jewelry, clothing and more, research has shown the average renter owns $30,000 in personal property. (Actual values may vary throughout the U.S., and $30,000 is a rounded estimate of personal property value for a standard two-bedroom apartment.)
Your renters insurance policy typically includes:
- Personal Property Protection –Covering the loss or damage of a renter’s personal belongings usually on and, in most cases, off of your premises
- Liability Protection –Providing legal representation and protection against judgments for covered events
Mahoney & Obara Insurance Agency, Inc. offers a variety of ways to save with renters insurance discounts for:
- Monitored fire and burglar alarms
- Local ultrasonic burglar alarms
- Dead bolt locks on all exterior entryways
- Fire extinguishers
- Sprinkler systems
- Renters insurance combined with auto insurance or other policies
Purchasing renters insurance ensures that your property is protected. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you are invincible; you do need insurance for your belongings, even if you live in a rental property. You are the only one who is responsible for protecting your assets.
For more information on Renters Insurance contact, Mahoney & Obara Insurance Agency, Inc. at 508-853-9085 or fill out our online form above for your FREE Renters Insurance Quote